YO! Sushi IP Based Phone System Case Study
YO! Sushi is one of the world’s fastest growing restaurant chains. In the UK, the company has around 65 restaurants. In addition to its ‘eat-in’ business the company also offers a home delivery service to diners who live within a specific range of their restaurants.
- Yo! Sushi was facing aging limitations with its old phone system and wanted to deploy a feature rich, scalable system without increasing overheads.
- The company needed to implement a technology solution that could embrace all operational activities, such as credit card processing, Electronic Point of Sale (EPoS), telephony and data into a single IP based network.
- The on-going costs of the line rental and telephony maintenance was becoming a significant overhead to the business and as there were plans to double the number of outlets within two years it was an appropriate time to review their overall telecommunications strategy.
- Elite Telecom successfully rolled out an IP network to all restaurants.
- The solution provided also had the ability to be configured as an inbound call centre to centrally handle all of YO! Sushi’s home delivery orders.
- Elite used a SwyxWare solution to bring home delivery orders back in-house. The flexibility of the system allowed YO! Sushi to integrate their inbound calls with their customer database and maps package.
- Yo! Sushi routed their calls using a non-geographical number to their call centre based in London.
- Reduced operational and telecommunications costs - Swyx has significantly reduced the overall telecommunications costs as the company no longer need to pay for multiple line rental and all the calls between head office and the restaurants are now free. It also significantly reduced the overall telecommunications costs as the company no longer need to pay for multiple line rental, and again – calls are free.
- Reduced maintenance costs - As the solution is software based it has reduced the monthly maintenance and support charges as all moves and changes can be carried out remotely from head office by in-house teams.
- Improved staff availability - It has improved the accessibility of staff as they have access to the corporate PBX system regardless of their location via the SwyxMobile app. The conferencing facility has also allowed regional managers to hold ‘virtual meetings’ with restaurant managers without the need to travel or subscribe to a third party service.
- Easy to manage and cost effective call centre - It completely negated the need for YO! Sushi to outsource its ‘take-away’ business by implementing its own call centre, thus saving money and improving customer relations. Customers no longer have to ring the nearest restaurant, as the map locator directs the call for them.
- Scalable and flexible for future growth strategies – no matter how large - The Swyx solution allowed the company to plan its roll-out of new restaurants ahead of time, allocating numbers and resources, without relying on third-party telecommunications carriers.
What the client says
Billy Waters concludes,
"We expect the system to pay for itself within two years, furthermore we believe that we have only scratched the surface on what we think the telephony system can do for us in the future.
The implementation of the Swyx solution has been a great success, we have dramatically reduced our telecommunications costs, improved our overall efficiency and we have had the added bonus of saving yet more money and protecting our brand values by bringing our call centre operation in-house.”