Omega World Travel Case Study
Omega World Travel was established in the UK in 1996 and headquartered in the USA, the travel company now has over 40 highly trained executives that deliver cost-effective travel management services to a prestigious list of corporate business clients.
- A solution that could be flexed to meet its on-going business requirements, without the need to invest in rigid proprietary hardware products
- To reduce operating costs
- To find a one-stop-shop supplier that offered a fully integrated IT and telephony solution
- To replace existing ISDN lines with an IP-based alternative
- A telephony solution that could utilise its existing server environment
- Swyxware supplied by EliteTelecom, including rich presence, customised skin and call re-routing
- We gave Omega a complete IT and telephony support package
- Swapped out ISDN lines for a SIP solution
- A more flexible, efficient business operation with much lower operating costs – transformed business comms, improving companywide collaboration all whilst lowering bills.
- Support for remote and homeworking for key staff- The Company can now offer a remote working option to its key staff members and sales team. Using Swyxware UC, employees can log directly into the company’s phone system from any location and the ‘rich presence’ feature enables reception and other staff to know if they are available for calls. This has allowed some of its highly skilled employees to better manage their child-care and personal lives, creating a win/win situation for both parties.
- Built-in system flexibility – “we can simply pick it up and take it with us” - Swyx’s software licensing model enables Omega Travel to upsize the business on a per user basis without having to invest in expensive new hardware. This approach also adds another degree of flexibility, so if the company needs to move offices in the future.
- More integrated and personalised service for customers – Using a customised skin (on-screen softphone) and intelligent call routing, Omega Travel can ensure that calls are routed correctly to specific account managers who can, if required, answer in the name of their client. For example, Sunseeker representatives can be routed directly to the ‘Sunseeker’ travel desk.
- The Omega World Travel customised skin is fully integrated with Outlook, allowing the customer account executives to action their calls more effectively. This also provides a ‘pop-up’ balloon that displays the inbound caller’s details and with a single click on a branded on-screen button, they can instantly access key websites such as, EasyJet, Premier Inns and more.
- Savings of 28% on operational telephony costs – Omega calculated that the consolidation of the old ISDN lines into SIP connections is saving the company around 28% per year, not including the reduction in call costs associated with switching to SIP trunking.
- On-going yearly savings of £20,000 on conferencing costs - Prior to installing the SwyxWare solution within the SIP environment, Omega Travel previously used a third-party teleconferencing facility. This used to cost the company around £2000 per month, but with SwyxWare this service is completely free for the UK office, and the US office now only has to pay local call charges, rather than expensive international telephony rates.
- More assured business continuity with a single point of contact for all IT and telephony - Whilst Omega Travel can handle the day-to-day IT and telephony issues in-house, the company now has the reassurance that should there be a more serious problem they only need to make one call to ensure that the issue is resolved and business continuity is maintained.
What the client says
Andrew Hussey, IT Manager for Omega World Travel, says:
"The service provided by Elite Telecom has been excellent. I have developed a great relationship with the support team and the SwyxWare solution has met all our requirements. It has had a major impact on our business operation, and the cost savings it has delivered has made it a very worthwhile investment." Andrew Hussey, IT Manager.