New Directions Holdings Phone System Case Study
New Directions Holdings is an independent provider of recruitment services to companies across Britain. With head offices in Cardiff, New Directions runs a range of diverse recruitment operations that service both public and private sector clients across education, social and domiciliary, pharmacy and corporate sectors.
- A cost effective solution that could actively and effectively manage and enhance not only client communication, but office to office communication.
- A flexible phone system located at the head office that gets the most out of their communications and is also cost effective to maintain.
- Sophisticated features that would help them be more responsive and better their services to clients.
- A new software-based unified communications plan installed at the head office and extended to all eight branch sites.
- New Directions reviewed a number of IP based phone systems including; Swyx, 3CX and Shortel, but selected Swyx because of the environment of its easy to programme and flexible call routing.
- A bespoke solution that met all of the client’s needs, Elite also enabled the solution to integrate within their specialist recruitment software.
- The solution was scaled up to service across all their sites, once tested for 6 months in the head office.
- Lower telecom & maintenance overheads, quicker service & integration with back-office applications - All incoming calls can now be routed quickly to the most appropriate person. For example, based on the phone number, the system will automatically match it with the relevant consultant who manages that particular client. If their ‘presence’ status states that they are not available it is automatically routed to another department.
- Fast turnaround of client requests - In the recruitment business, being responsive to clients is essential. With Swyx we now have a tool that ensures the fastest turnaround possible – New Directions’ did not want to have their customers waiting on hold, as this allows the customer time to think about going somewhere else. Consultants can also access relevant systems to find information on suitable candidates, because the Swyx solution is fully integrated with our Adapt contact management package.
- Reduced cost of mobile calls - Having negotiated an attractive mobile tariff with O2, New Directions use Swyx to reroute all mobile calls via its Cardiff office and onto the O2 network. This alone saves the company £20,000 a year because there is a high volume of calls to mobiles – from candidates to clients.
- Ability to monitor & increase consultants’ performance - Built in call reporting software helps easily analyse the performance of individual consultants, and drill down detailed information such as who called, the length of time spent on the phone and more. They can also listen in to calls for training purposes.
- Secure & Reliable communications tool - New Directions’ remote sites are linked to the Cardiff site via VPN. With Swyx there are a number of advantages in the way of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning. With New Directions there is additional resilience with Swyx, so that if the main office suffers downtime for any reason, we can simply move the SwyxServer to another location and make and receive calls from there.
What the client says
Group IT Manager at New Directions, Alan Griffiths explains,
“[The service] was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about building a network that could ensure a high quality of service. [The providers] have a genuine interest in our business and they are always there for us. They always come back [to] you in [a] timely manner without the need to chase and their advice is spot on. We rely on them to point us in the right direction in terms of how we can continue to develop and enhance what Swyx can do for us.
Swyx gave us a solution that could be tailored exactly to our needs, integrate with our specialist recruitment software and intelligently direct calls to the right consultant, using the CLI. As a company we wouldn’t be without Swyx, you simply can’t underestimate the value of what it can do. We expect a ROI within 2 years.”