SPACE-2 Telecoms and Connectivity Case Study
SPACE-2 is a serviced office provider for film and media enterprises looking for temporary space for film sets and production.
- Reliable telephony and IT equipment to connect and incentivise production staff working across the Wycombe Production Village, a temporary studio base that needed to be utilised by Channel 4 in the post production of Charlie Brooker’s Black Mirror series.
- A solution that is scalable across a large, remote site.
- Very fast turn around and one of the quickest instalment requirements to date as the company needed to adhere to the strict deadlines proposed by Channel 4 filming to ensure smooth production and the timely airing of the series.
- SPACE-2 required IT and telephony services that were highly flexible and available on short term contracts, this resulted in a rental contract, with hosted services that were quick to set up, install and easy to use.
- Short term equipment and hosted services that were installed set up and ready to use in just 21 days.
- We provided hosted phones for 25 users that were easily scalable for more users and this connected via a QOS ADSL which enabled eight concurrent calls.
- A separate business ADSL2 internet connection was used for Black Mirrors data requirement and was broadcast via a wireless router which stretched across the many huts and buildings at the old RAF base.
- All of SPACE-2’s network services were provided on a short term rental model.
- Time efficient installation - SPACE-2 were able to ‘wrap’ in time and get Black Mirror on air.
- Flexibility and quick turn-around - SPACE-2 were as able to keep up front costs to a minimum and still hit the very strict timelines. As a result the programme was screened on Channel 4 with no hiccups or delays in showing.
- Fast installation was due to key relationships we hold with BT and the ISPs, as this was around the time of the Olympics, these long-standing industry relationships helped us connect the site in perfect time.
- Remote working - as it is a fairly remote location we conducted a full site survey before implementation to ensure maximum internet speeds and that the comms solution placed on site would work to its full potential offering maximum efficiency.
- Connected and flexible crew at all times - As the base consists of many small huts and variables we had to maintain a steady IP connection between all building premises, we built telephone networks from scratch so that they were all connected and maintained good communication across the whole area.
- Wireless setup -crew were able to travel round the site and still remain connected.